Monday, July 14, 2008

Rick's Tree Service

We all like to complain about lousy customer service. This is the opposite - a story of great customer service.

On my 50th birthday, a Friday night @ 8pm, a very large branch broke off my River Birch and rested on my roof over my deck/sunroom. There was no apparent damage to the 6-month old roof or the 2-week old siding, but it was obvious this was no job for an amateur - any mistakes and the tree would have gone crashing through the sunroom. I had no power and we were expecting over 40 people on Sunday for a birthday celebration (can you say stress?).

I found Rick's Tree Service in the BBB "yellow pages" and called Rick at about 9pm on Friday night by lantern-light. Of the 3 companies I called, he was the only 1 to answer the phone - the other 2 were answering machines (1 firm called Saturday morning and the other Monday morning). On Saturday morning at 8:15, Rick was at my house and returned with a crew, including a VERY large crane, by 11am. Not his own crew either - they were unavailable this particular weekend - he contracted with other professionals to help (Charley's Tree Service with Charley being the guy doing most of the hard work in our tree).

By 1:30 or so, they were done. Our great gardens stayed that way - not a single branch was dropped where it shouldn't have been, ALL of the tree was cleaned up, and other than some grass stains on my driveway and a bit of sawdust, you couldn't tell they were there.

The crane was used to lift the tree parts (it had to be cut into at least 4 major parts) over the house from the back to the driveway where the crane was parked. Charley estimated that one of the 4 pieces they lifted was about 2,000 lbs.

In the end, the power was restored Saturday, the party went off without a hitch, and I had a good story to tell (with a photo slide show on the DVD player during the party). I couldn't have asked for more. My insurance adjuster mentioned on the phone that he couldn't believe how low the price was for this job.

Thanks to Rick,Charley, and the crane driver (whose name I didn't get). The service from them all greatly exceeded my expections!

Rick's Tree Service
Forest Lake, MN
651-464-0064 (office)
651-270-7096 (cell)
rickstreesvc@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment